Tuesday 29 May 2007

heat exhaustion...

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t281/beejay44/trangtrip280.jpg4 more lessons today….. on the way to school saw a pair of flip flops in the road, nearby was a huddle of people on the verge. I assume a moped accident. The riders around here are carefree and have no idea of road safety..
got to school and was offered sticky rice and some sweet substance. Ate it. First lesson I was on my own with a very nice English teacher who basically (as they all do) leave you to it. The first student who came into class came up to me and said “I am very happy you are teaching me and my friends today”… I think she meant it. That was nice.
After this lesson had another one with a less helpful teacher who said nothing and didn’t really look at me throughout the lesson – we did “adverbs of frequency” what??
Sometimes, seldom ,never, occasionally, usually, often, frequently, rarely and all that….. they need help with pronunciation..

After this returned to staffroom for further instruction only to find Sawapao and Shayla had gone off somewhere? Sat there for 90 mins wondering what my next move was – the heat stifling especially wearing trousers, shirt and my new booties…
At 1240 hunted down the teacher i had in the morning and she was pleased for me to take a double lesson for her this PM.
Enjoyed it immensely. Covered farangs in Thailand, why the students want to learn English and come to England, the weather, physical appearances, my photo album and more..
After school went to see some traditional Thai dancing (oldest in Thailand) bit like Morris Dancing but more glamorous and stylish.. very impressed although the band had the rhythm of pre-school kids.
Bar b q outside tonight – sneaked off to the shop with Aaron for a cold one.
Knackered now – this heat really slows you down – no wonder less gets done here.












.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Barry
I always wondered what happenend to the group after their early success with "Whole lotta love"
Just off to a CC meeting at wongas,we know you'll be there in spirit.
NB correct use of the various forms of there/their Mr spelling!
Cheers
Andrew